Knife pictures

HELLGAP

Dealer - Purveyor
Ok I got new batterys and played a bit. Now some pictures with this camera are really different and I dont know why. I had the ligh diffused from the back 2 lights same as before now the pictures seem darker. I shut off the lights in the kitchen it was at night so got fairly dark had my lighting on and diffused and took these. I moved my knives in several times to try and find the best light, and best layout. The one with the walleye in the back has the lights behind me but turned out not badas I directed them away so it wasnt direct. also I had MACRO on and NO FLASH .I did zoom in a little but not alot. Please I need help some pictures were fighting for light I know they are too dark so now what. KellywView attachment 38074View attachment 38075View attachment 38076

over half the pictures never showed its not letting me show them it has a exclaimation mark after the download in red ??

Ill try again it will not let me show the picture has a exclaimation mark at the end of the download. ???????? Now the only thing I can figure out is this sd card is out of the other camera hp637 and might need to be reformated for the canon power shot A460 ????

1. change out the black back ground. It is screwing up your light meter in a big way. Never use black background unless you bracket your shots up a couple stops. It's just darn hard to get a decent picture on black. I avoid it as much as possible.
2. can't help much more than that with out knowing what kind of camera you are using..
3. firefox doesn't like the picture uploader much. Use MS explorer and most upload issues go away.

BossDog hit the nail on the head.

Also notice that in the first two pix the knife is reflecting the dark around it.
In the last pic it is reflecting the white side of the light box and therefore looks much better.

Ok got it black is hard to use as background. Im trying another picture it might be that the sd card was not formatted for the other camera. I have a 2 gig card I will use its the original card from the canon. here goes . its a buck I shot a few years ago to lazy to get out of my chair. lol Nope it doesnt like my camera. I cant load a picture. I have always just inserted an image from my pictures in my computer????The pictures are bigger than the other camera they are like 1.5 mb and the HP was like 400 im stumped .

Kelly, its easier if you use a hosting service. I like picasa http://picasa.google.com/ , the best due to how easy it is to upload, edit and watermark pictures. I use it to keep things organized on my computer and upload directly to picasa's site. The script is pretty easy to use once you have a link... you tipe
again. It will look like this, but without spaces:
url]
The end product is this:

photo.JPG

Ok im trying to use the canon power shot A460 its not letting me load pictures here now for the past 3 years with the HP camera same program same file no problem I am really having a tuff time figuring out why this camera doesnt like to send pictures here lol last attempt hopefully. Nope another failed attempt the canon a460 camera will not show pictures here. I dont know what to do. Need some tips. I used photo bucket for years but lately have just taken the pictures striahght out of my folder and it worked fine.????????????? help

Ok Im trying piccasa and download into my pictures then upload to here. Nope never worked

hmmmmanother attempt I changed it back to scanner and camera wizard like it was. Ill try once more. kellyw Ok the picture wont download in the exclaimation point when I scroll onto it it reads exceeds size limit by 86.7 kb this has never happened before. I can shoe a picture from last week at 5mp size the exact same but will not show the picture hmmmm

Imho, the key is not the background, but rather the positioning of, and kind of light. The background can be anything. The key to successful jewelry/blade photos is to have a soft diffused light that is spread enough to encompass/wash the blade is a soft light that does not wash out portions of the blade. A second fill light form the side can be used to create highlights if needed. Generally speaking, the main light should be positioned above and behind the blade to wash it with light. This is where camera angle and blade placement come into play. While looking thru the viewfinder, slightly rotate the blade to achieve light coverage over the entire blade. One can block up the back side of the blade with duct tape/whatever to get the correct angle. Also, a white fill card to reflect light back into the blade edge will highlight the edge. The fill card can usually be leaned against the tripod, or moved closer if necessary. You have to experiment. Good thing for Photoshop. I use Photoshop Elements, the less expensive version.
If I can be of assistance, please feel free to ask.
This info comes from my first career...15 yrs shooting advertising. Take it with a grain of salt.
John Emmerling

thanks john Im old but learning. Ive decided not to waste my time and everyone elses and buy a good camera. I have changed my mind several times and was going to go with consumers guide the canon t3i 600d but nope im going with the new canon rebel t4i 650d it has a 3 inch touch screen and im buying it in a kit with 3 lenses. My wife is helping me pay for it as a birthday present so im going for the gusto. It has the 50mm 1.8 and the ef s 18-55 IS and the ef-s 55-250 IS and I figure for under 1k thats pretty good. I will buy a tripod here at home but no one can match the ebay prices except camera land . com ive bought alot of stuff from them in the past like zeiss range finders and vortex binos all high end and excellent quality. Thanks gotta go kellyw

Back