Sugar Creek Kiln problems

rasret01

I have a 24" sugar creek manually controlled kiln that has performed flawlessly for more than two years. When I fired it up today, I noticed a small "BT" notation which I had never seen before to the left of the temp readout. The readout worked, so I know the battery is ok. The problem is that I had to go up to an indicated 1850 degrees to get my O1 blades to non-magnetic. I soaked them there and they skated a file of so I guess all is well, but I need to know what has happened and how to fix it.

Anyone have a similar experience? Is it a sign of a gad thermocouple? Is there a way to recalibrate. Should I just bite the bullet and buy a digital control?

Any imput would be helpful. Thank you.

Dick

I ont know but I have th sam kiln with the digital read and the coil is out and they are no longer in buisness so I am out of luck. If Tracy is able to get a new one I will keep it if not I can sell you the rest of it for the digital read and extra parts.

There's a vendor on fleabay that will make you any heating coil you like with different wire options. Sorry, no link but he wasn't hard to find.

Rudy

I am only guessing here...
change the battery first.
then the thermal couple. I think it is the thermal couple.

Back