Not your everyday piece of rebar

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Here's a little fighter I forged out of a piece of 60 grade rebar. I sent it off to Ken Hurst to see what kind of magic he could do with it. I did scratch the A on the middle of the handle but the rest of the scratches belong to Ken. This is the first knife that I have made that has been engraved. I'm liking it!

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

I like it and it certainly is your forging the style is unmistakable Ray. Ken did a great job on the engraving and i like that you left the ridges from the rebar on the handle. What are you planning for scales in the ovals? Only you would get rebar engraved2thumbs.

Bob

That's really beautiful, great job by both of you! I can't wait to see it with the handle completed.

Without any intention to cause a debate, I'd like to ask--what's the carbon content of your 60 grade rebar? Is it a simple carbon steel or an alloy? I have 30 lbs. of Don Hanson's W2 but I'd like to begin forging at home with something cheaper. :)

really like the knife good lines i would like to know is 60 grade rebar a metal you can harden by h/ t

Fantastic, both of you! I like that Ray, has all the swoops one would want with all the class we've come to expect. Ken you really did that proud. I got all caught up in that work, it's beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing this with the overlays.

Back