Military Knife Good To Go

Patrick

Wanted to post up the military knife I built thanks to KnifeDogs. First off, the knife will be going to our son. He is in the Marines. He was picked to train for Marine Special Operations. Unfortunately just before he was to leave he broke a bone in his hand and was lucky enough to have his training delayed till the next class.

Shanes Knife.jpg

So being the guy he is I figured it would be best to send the knife just prior to his leaving. The knife was 90% complete until a few weeks ago. I decided to give it some color so I blued the blade. I used the blue liners Boss had given out earlier this year and glued them to some home made micarta. This micarta was made from a vietnam era duffel bag and looks pretty cool. It also has special meaning as it belonged to a good friend.

Shanes Knife1.jpg

The sheath is made from .083 black kydex with small molle clips attached. I'm going to make a belt loop for it also.

This project really turned out to be very special. So glad I could be a part of it and sincerely want to express my appreciation to all the men and women out there that sacrifice so much for this great country.

Pat

I'm sure your son will be as proud of this special knife and his dad as you are of him. His service is appreciated.

Back