Piggy Poker

jonathan creason

Just finished this one up for a fella to take pig hunting. The blade is 5160 steel and comes in at 7" long. The clip is shaving sharp for a couple of inches to aid in penetration should the need arise. Handle is walnut and the guard is hammer textured copper. Sheath is veggie tanned leather with a hand rubbed bee's wax finish.

I hope to see some pics of this one with blood on it in the near future.

pigsticker3_zps368e4dcd.png

pigsticker2_zpsdb213070.png

Jonathan,
I would hate to be the piggy being poked with this knife. It will surely penetrate. This one has use me written all over it. Nice!!!
Wade

It doesn't matter if you call it a period piece, rustic, or primitive. I call it nice. Everything comes together perfectly. He can make em squeal in style. Well done.

Warm sticky red blood covering 5160, brass, and walnut. Sounds like a fun time to me. One thing I like as much as making knives is using them in the field.
Get that picture framed, and then on the bottom put the words "Yeah, I built that" on it....right Marvin?

Thanks to you all. I'm meeting the guy that ordered it next week to hand deliver during his trip to SC for his pig hunt. Hopefully I'll have word that it's been put to use soon after.

Back