Chainsaw san mai chopper

Bob Urban

This one was requested by a client who works on a logging crew. chain over 1080 san mai and I started to use a cord wrap handle but the blade turned out too nice to not put scales on it so the handle is not so Neo tribal. Left it a little rough by request and requirement to retain the defined chain look.

Thanks for looking

DSCF9232.jpg

DSCF9236.jpg

DSCF9251.jpg

Cool! I like the clear chain pattern down the blade a lot. Of course *I* would like
it even better with nice wood scales :)

I like it. Never seen anything quite like it.

Is it hand finished or belt finished? I think I am seeing belt scratches running perpendicular to the edge, but I am not sure. Doesn't really matter a lot, if he is going to use it, it will have scratches running in all sorts of directions soon enough. I am just curious because I am having a hard time sorting out all of the activity in that pattern. new to me, and all.

cool idea. It will surely be a conversation piece with his coworkers.

Belt finished to 120 and then 400 wet/dry just to smooth things up. Overnight in vinegar and a little blue to highlight the pattern then steel wool. Thanks for looking.

Bob that is a great knife. I sure would like to see a work in progress on style.
Thanks for sharing,
Doug Adams
John 3:16

Pretty cool!... the blade looks almost like it's a print from a copy machine/chainsaw copy on paper,...how did you get the chain coming out so clean into the steel?

Back