Mighty quiet

Show Season...I go from 1850 to 2050 ...
From beating on hot metal to building illusions
From one end of reality to the other...I LOVE it!!

Hope everyone is fine....

portfolio-shelby.jpg

Last edited:
I have so many things "partially" finished! Sometime this summer I should have something to post! I'll see you on Saturday Franklin!

I have been out of the game for about 6 months now and am just revamping my shop to gear up to start producing again. Although we have been running up to 108 degrees a lot lately. Hopefully it will start to cool down once I get everything set back up.

I managed to get second degree burns from my kneecaps to the base of my toes on both legs/ankles/feet. I went ocean kayaking in La Jolla. I thought they would be like river kayaks, where you put your feet under the deck of the boat. Instead, you sit on them. The trip was supposed to be an hour, and it turned into 5 hours.

Honestly, I have never seen burns this bad from anything, much less the sun. It wouldn't have hurt me any more to throw half a gallon of 400F oil on my legs.

I just got to the point that I could walk about 4 days ago.

2 days into walking, and I am back in the shop, working on another freakin' sword, though. I think this sword will come together. then, knives for a break for awhile.

kc

Kevin,
I love the La Jolla Sun! No one warned you?
i used to go Kayaking there with a small fresh water reel
and 6lb or less test line. When you hook into a nice kelp Bass, You feel like you caught a Marlin!!
:biggrin:

Laurence

www.westsidesharpening.com

I was prepared for sun from the waist up. I was wrong about the type of kayak!

I would have loved to fish like you are describing. There were fish everywhere under us, in and out of the sanctuary. It is a magic place.
kc

kev sounds like other then the sun you had a really good time?? well hope that burn heals up for ya. to bad you did not make the hammer inn, next year??
Troy it was a blast talking to you next year you me the forge and a hammer what you think?

The hammer-in was great fun! I wanted to jump in and do some forging but it was kinda crowded. Besides the young ones there needed to experience it. Maybe next year we can get some more forges up and running.

Back