Webcast Test for Hammer In

Sam KMS

Last edited:
we are going to try and get a webcam set up and running for the hammer in. The whole technology of webcam broadcasting is a bit dodgy as there are a lot of things that can go wrong. We aren't even going to begin to troubleshoot anyone's PC if they can't see something. We would appreciate your feedback as we test this hosting service and software/hardware combination.
we set up a web cam on a laptop in the warehouse hooked into our network with a hard line. we also have it set up to use the wireless network in the warehouse. The idea is we hope to be able to roam around the warehouse during the hammer in and show what is going on. The video will be marginal and the audio will probably be even less than that but we hope we can get enough content out there to make it worth your time.

give it a look and let us know how it works for you...
thanks
t

So do I have to have a Facebook or tweeter account and have to log in? I can see the sheald but nothing else. If I click on the shield it tells me to log in. It is 6:34 there so maybe you have turned the camara off and gone home?

Samantha turned it off for the evening. All you would see is dark. I will get it set up to stay on for the next week while we test it.

Sorry we had just turned it off to put up the other one we're trying. Link's above for that one.

we are testing a new web broadcast hosting service. This one is a subscription service and works much better. We will continue to test hardware and software combinations over the next several days.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Make sure and tune in the Friday evening of the hammer in. Larry Franklin promised to do a belly dance since he lost a bet.

wo wait one seck thought that was janik!!!!!! lol And what bet we talking about,was there drinking involved lol.

I have a new web camera coming and we will install that early next week. It should give us a slightly better picture and sound quality.

We have signed up hosting for 25 simultaneous users to watch the web cam. It is on now so you can have a look. There isn't much to see at night and you might catch me walking by it on a weekend. During the work week, the crew here is having some fun with it. If you try and get onto the web cam and get blocked out due to too many users, you are going to have to let us know and we will see about subscribing to the next level. Each level gets progressively more expensive of course and I am not interested in paying for bandwidth that will never get used.

We will have the webcam running full blast for the hammer in starting Friday night. It won't be like being here but you might be able to get a sense of what shenanigans we are up to here. Maybe you can get something out of it. We will also have several video cameras running and will be posting as much video on youtube as we can in the weeks following the hammer in. I have learned that for every minute of video you shoot, there are several more minutes of post production required. Samantha, our crack graphics guru will be working on video after the hammer in and get it out for all of you to view.

Currently we are trying a new settings to get things right the new webcam is up and connected but there's a lot of downtime with it right now. So of you don't see anything that's why.

Back