Every Knife I've Ever Made

Erin Burke

Well, I figured as a follow-up to my introductory post (#1) I'd post photos of every knife that I've ever made. Anyone who ever spends much time in Shop Talk on BF has probably already seen them... but here ya go.

Knife #1
3567304071_ab1a5b26e4_o.jpg

Knife #2
3583684599_0bb8b4a685_o.jpg

Knife #3
3628088002_e2d3761ffe_o.jpg

Knife #4
3663494727_20acb95836_o.jpg

Knife #5
3748761644_5430af21c5_o.jpg

Knife #6
3822454420_1e5194e0e4_o.jpg

Knife #7 (5 knives/1 number) is almost complete and I've started profiling Knife #8 (3 knives/1 number).

Erin

All look great but I'm with Tracy, the lines on that one are dead on. Really a nice look.

Awesome design.

mo

Yeah Tracy, everyone really likes that one! :D Great stuff Erin! Beautiful photos too.

Y'all are hilarious... Of all these knives, that one is one of my least favorite. :eek: I feel like it's one of those situations wher I let form take precedence over function and ended up with a fairly impractical razor. I think I'll feel better about it if I ever get a sheath made for it.

Thanks for the comments.

Erin

All of them look really nice, but #6 is my favorite. Nice design, it just flows. Handle is beautiful and the hamon looks great.

I like number four the best ... it makes me think of the delicious medium rare ribeye that I would slowly disect and savor with it! lol yes I am serious - that is exactly the type of blade I enjoy using on my occasional steak night.

The third one however - it really has something going for it. I see a sprout coming out of a hardwood seed/nut. It is very organic. In fact I would call it "the Sprout". Nicely done.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm excited for y'all to see the next one (actually five). All done except stencil etching and sharpening.

ChipI,

I think that #6 is my favorite as well. I really like the design and the feel in my hand. I think I'll EDC it if I ever get a sheath made for it.

Chris,

I'm still working on my photography skills. My wife is a wedding photographer, so we have all sorts of nice equipment... I just wish my talent was proportional to the equipment quality. BTW, I love your new album (Coldplay joke :D).

James,

I think it might be cool for inside waistband carry with the right sheath. I just need to figure out how to make sheaths. ;)

JMDesigns,

I made that knife for my Dad. I just need to build a sheath for it before I can give it to him. Anyone else sensing a theme here... I really need to learn how to make sheaths.:p

Erin

Back