Two in one Gumby........

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Did the finishing touches on Gumby a little bit ago. Still playing with the idea of plum browning him. I now have lots of ideas for future Gumby's. This one stands around 8" which is pretty much average for Gumby's. He was made from more wrought iron wagon wheel. The original plan was to hot punch in the face features. The mouth worked the best but when I tried the nose I felt like I was spinning my wheels. I had to resort to plastic surgery done with the drill press and rotary tool. I figure this fellow will bring some smiles.

IMG_4490.JPG

IMG_4491.JPG

IMG_4495.JPG

If you notice, Gumby's nose is just a raised 3D triangle. You could make an inverted punch for the nose by punching the end of a punch with that nose shape in negative so the nose would pop up... could make the eyes and brows pop that way too... a bit of fullering on the legs would be cool.

Don't get me wrong though, I really like it the way it is,... just some ideas.

If you notice, Gumby's nose is just a raised 3D triangle. You could make an inverted punch for the nose by punching the end of a punch with that nose shape in negative so the nose would pop up... could make the eyes and brows pop that way too... a bit of fullering on the legs would be cool.

Don't get me wrong though, I really like it the way it is,... just some ideas.

T, I like ideas. I'll have to give punches like that a try.

Back