action pics from my kith knife (by patrick)

franklin

Well guys no one ever said i was a gentle guy,so here's some shots of my knife in action.
let me start buy saying i was very pleased with this knife when i received it, good look to it and feel was a little worried at first
at how thick the edge was but got over that in a hurry once i started cutting,granted shes no razor,but after cutting 2 2x4s in half
she sliced threw some 7 oz leather rather easy. All and all Patrick made a great camp knife that i will use for a long time to come.

The only thing i would change is buy making the guard a little longer when swinging with force,my finger slid forward into the bottom edge of the guard. and then that was not that large of a deal either.

So in the end i got a awsome knife that i really enjoy, great job Patrick this one will stay in my family for many years!!!

Attachments

• 100_3678.jpg
    100_3678.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_3680.jpg
    100_3680.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 34
heres some more pics

Attachments

• 100_3685.jpg
    100_3685.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_3686.jpg
    100_3686.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_3684.jpg
    100_3684.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 23
Thanks for the cool posting. That was only the second time I've done a guard like that and the first one is still on a shelf somewhere. I don't have one of the fancy hammers that Joe Keeslar uses to forge the guards. I made do, but will make them bigger from now on. I really appreciate the input. The edge was convexed cuz it was a little thick. It sure tears through 2x4's. That was some tough steel there, hope it serves you well my friend.

Back