More Studebaker

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Finished this one up last week. The blade from this one is from the same piece of leaf spring as the one of a couple weeks ago. Since then I have become the owner of several racks of leaf springs from a 1932 Studebaker. I'm pretty sure these new springs are different steel than the spring I found in the garage. There will be more to come.

The blade on this knife is 4 1/2" or there about's and just over 9". I used modern iron for the guard with a bronze spacer. The handle is fossil walrus ivory.

IMG_4456.JPG

IMG_4453.JPG

IMG_4451.JPG

Love the knife. The handle is beautiful. Where do you get your ivory I can not find a supplier.

Outstanding knife, Ray!! The handle is beautiful and that sheath is another awesome example from a guy who hates to make sheaths. :biggrin:

Love the knife. The handle is beautiful. Where do you get your ivory I can not find a supplier.

The only time I will purchase ivory is either at a show or from a friend. This particular piece came via a friend. Ivory is something I like to check out personally before I buy it.

Denny, As far as the sheaths goes the ideas come in about as fast as ideas for knives now. I get a new idea and I have to try it. Most the times these new ideas are only half ideas. The rest I have to figure out. That's where I get in trouble. :D

Now did you git that ivory when you was a youngin or is it older? Just joshin' :biggrin: Applause and encore for the knife!

Your gonna run outta Car Soon Ray! :D

What a beautiful knife. That Walrus is iNSANE

I have a question Raymond...do you silver solder on the guard before using the epoxy? Or is the handle only attached with epoxy. I have only done full tang knives so far and was curious. Beautiful combination BTW.

I have a question Raymond...do you silver solder on the guard before using the epoxy? Or is the handle only attached with epoxy. I have only done full tang knives so far and was curious. Beautiful combination BTW.

I JB Weld the guard and the front of the handle first. After the JB Weld has cured I'll fill the handle slot with epoxy.

Back