First time forger

I met up with Todd Robbins at my dads house and Todd taught us how to forge cable damascus. We all had a great time and I want to thank Todd for his time and sharing his knowledge. Attached is a pic of myself forging and a pic of a Barlow made with my 1st bar. Thanks again Todd2thumbs

Attachments

• DSCF2258.jpg
    DSCF2258.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 64
  • barlow 003.jpg
    barlow 003.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 71
Outstsanding work, it's hard to beat the simplistic beauty of a fine Barlow and that ones a beaut!!

Regards,
Steve

I had a great time forging with Ralph and his dad! I'm kind of a slacker, though. I've cleaned up the profile and ground in the bevels on two small fixed blades I forged that day and ground all of the forge scale off of a bigger bar, but nothing is close to finished. I'm looking forward to seeing this Barlow in person. Ralph's fit and finish is impeccable, and his steel looks good, too!

Todd Robbins

Very nice!! The damascus and the knife look great.

Did you Twist the Cable much tighter. I have tried this once. We twisted the Cable tight and used a press2thumbs

Outstanding Work. Always been a fan of both Damascus and Stag, and when you put them together, you get an unbeatable combination.

Looks a little warm in there...someone turn the heat up?....lol

Looks like a blast! Well done, no turning back now.

C

Back