Terra Tuff ?

mikereineman

Any body know where to get this Micarta substitute Terra Tuff. I saw it in the tutorial section and have been looking for it on the web with no luck.

I saw the reference Dan made to it in Blade recently. I have a sample and a source for it. I will see about picking some up and getting it listed.

Murph and I actually got to handle Dan's waki that was in that Blade article. He talked to us for a bit about the Terra tough and if it's good enough for Dan to use on a blade as nice as the Ti-fitted waki, I can't see any reason not to use it personally.

My impression was that it is built like micarta, but has a tiny bit of rubber properties to it, similar to the density of horse-stall matting. I think that combination of construction, plus shock-resistance is what makes it such a good hard-use material.

What I really liked about the material is its weight. It seemed to me to be a bit lighter than Micarta.

BossDog!
Please put me down for a couple of set's of this Terra Tuff stuff! My Chef knife handles run 5.5 " in length,
So cut it long if possible?
Thanks Laurence

Back