Spacer Materials in Viet Nam Service Ribbon Colors

Ray

Dealer - Purveyor
I have a customer who wants a fighter with spacers in the colors of the Viet Nam Military Service Ribbon. (Stacked handle - black Micarta)

Rather than me spend a lot of time looking, I was hoping that someone had already found the materials for one of their knives and could save me some time.

He wants them to stand out, so I figure that at least 1/8 inch would be a good thickness.

Any help would be appreciated.

Raymond Coon
http://www.damascusknife.com

Ray, while the colors may be easier to find, the thickness may prove more difficult.

Check Tracy's Site. Between the Vulcanized Fiber and G-10 Spacer Materials he carries, you may be able to manage it.

Don't know if you need this or not, but from the awards manual: "The ribbon is 1-3/8 inches wide, 5/16 inch high, and consists of the following stripes: three narrow (1/16 inch) strips of red with wider (5/32 inch) stripes of yellow in the center, flanked by even wider (5/16 inch) stripes of yellow on each side and narrow 1/8-inch stripes of primitive green on the ends."

I did one with the afg. service. ribbon ,,,just stacked baby stacked until the space in the ribbon look right...
IMG_7971-1.jpg

Ray, while the colors may be easier to find, the thickness may prove more difficult.

Check Tracy's Site. Between the Vulcanized Fiber and G-10 Spacer Materials he carries, you may be able to manage it.

If Tracy doesn't have it in G-10 Alpha Knife Supply probably does. Much as I hate working with fiberglass anything in this case
G-10 would probably work better.

Back