Mammoth Ivory Scales!?

theWeatherman

I saw a wicked sweat knife with Mammoth ivory scales and mammoth tooth bolsters. Where can I get that type of stuff to make scales from?

Where can I get that stuff and how do I work with it? I see some individual sellers on the forum but they are all sold from what I can tell?

Alpha Knife Supply carries both and more. Boone Trading Company has had fossil bone and ivory but the last time I was there their shelves were a little one the bare side but they're worth a look. Either one I would send off for stabilization and due to the cost I would be darned sure that I had a blade worthy of the material before I even ordered it. Work both slowly and don't force anything or put too much pressure on the material, especially the mammoth tooth, it can be rather fragile by itself.

Doug

I have both materials in stock. shoot me a message or email for pictures and prices. Give me some idea of sizes you will be wanting when you write.

Thanks
Randy

Try finding bog oak, or muskox horn... mammoth parts are easy to find, comparatively...

I'm looking for muskox horn at least 5/8" thick, just in case...

Back