Not sure if this belongs here???

Bob Urban

Certainly not the sheath but the knife is chainsaw chain over 1080 with a simple cord wrap and a black bear knuckle bone bead.
Bearbone004.jpg

I'd say it does. I really like the look of the chansaw chain on there. Where'd you get the bear knuckle?

Very nice knife! I've seen it on Tradgang and the Leatherwall but for some reason never commented on it. I really like that chain in there though.

Very nice Bob...but you can't throw it out here without telling us how ya done it!!!
Did you forge weld the saw teeth on the sides of the 10xx San Mai style?

C&S - you are spot on. I tacked a piece of chain to both sides of 1080 - got it real hot and ran it through the press. Because of the nature of the material it would be tough to get one without the voids due to the chain and limited pounding to retain the look. Welds are super solid w/o any cold shuts, just not super smooth along the blade as can be seen in the photo. Most of it is near the top sort of like leaving the forge marks above the grind but with a little flair. Actually rather simple with the press but near impossible(for me) with out.

Back