Knife for "Priest"

BladedBonehead

Part bowie...part tanto. 0.285" thick N690 Cobalt stainless steel 6" blade chisel ground edge and modified tip. 11" overall with twist pattern cord wrap and 3 kydex MOLLE sheaths. "Priest" had a dream one night and he saw this in his hand in use after a long day with me in the school going over tomahawk techniques. He felt since it was a comforting dream he needed this made. I had made a nice little utility knife in 3/16" with a 3 1/2" blade that is sort of similar to this but nothing this big! He has to have different means to carry it and leave them in place to make it easier for him to pick up the new vest or pack so I had to make several kydex ones to "permanently" attach. It is differentially hardened and had a hardened butt for striking. He came by and put on a glove (I try to stress safety at my shop) and he pounded to hell several bricks and blocks in the outside of the shop with just the butt. (Baaaaad blocks!) The material thickness goes all the way almost to the tip and the top edge is sharp as well with a big spot to baton and hammer onto (yikes!). Priest being the nice guy that will stop in the rain to help someone change a tire or help a neighbor he doesn't know move and he is a good customer so I gave him this one and he gave me one of his old plate carriers. I didn't need it but I never refuse a gift.

sany0051o.jpg

By goatherder62 at 2012-05-11
sany0052r.jpg

By goatherder62 at 2012-05-11

Back