American Cancer Society Fundraiser

V

VCM

With the OK from Boss Dog & help from Jeff Pearce,and of course KnifeDogs.com , I would like to take this time to announce,that we will be doing a fundraiser,here on the site,in the Auction - Raffle sub forum.

My wife & I are team members in our Church's team, for Relay for Life ,here is a link ,in case you have not heard of this :

http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/

In our town,the event is heald in the park,next to my home,so for me,it's real close to home.Last year's event here,raised over $ 100,000.00 , and those funds will go directly to the American Cancer Society.

I already have a few pledged knives from some makers I know,who,are good as GOLD,to donate.Thank You guys .

We are targeting January 2010 through May 2010 . We would like to hear your thoughts on this. We were tossing the idea of a few auctions,as well as raffles.
I'll add to this post as I get more info,to share.Thanks in advance,to everyone involved here.
-Vince

Look here for updates

OK,got a few things hashed out,with Tracy & Jeff...
In the raffle forum,just like this,there will be a sticky,at the top.This is where I'll post updates,just like this here,but in there,the updates will be about the actual auctions/raffles,completions,etc..This fundraiser will have it's own set of rules,posted in that sticky,too.
Then,as the knives & donations are raffled and or,auctioned,they will be done with thier own threads,there.
This is so,all other auctions/raffles,can continue,simultaneously,with this fundraiser.
I'm most sure,It'll go from Jan. 2010,to May,2010
I have 6 knives in the works,so far,by accomplished makers.There possibly will be a few others.
Tracy & Jeff may add here,as well,as we put it together

I hope you follow & I am not confusing

It's going to be a good one,though
Thanks Everyone,
-Vince

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate all the donations. We may have to start in December :) .
It'll be allotta fun,all going to a great cause.
We have some details to be worked out,though,stay tuned.Any & all suggestions & ideas ,would be greatly appreciated,Thanks Again,
-Vince

Vince this is a great idea. I would love to be bidding on a Dowell knife or other makers that I follow. We need to alert some collectors to come on over here and get the interest up.

Will be in touch,
Jim

Vince this is a great idea. I would love to be bidding on a Dowell knife or other makers that I follow. We need to alert some collectors to come on over here and get the interest up.

Will be in touch,
Jim

That is are goal is to get some collectors over here and raise some money for a good cause . we will need more bidders for sure. so tell all your friends. thank's jeff

I agree.Knifemakers,need knife collectors. I sent out some e-mails last night,with a link to this thread. A few responded,saying that they had joined,but the site,seemed gigged more for makers only.
I think a fundraiser like this,is a great thing,for everyone involved here.
-Vince

Vince, this is a great idea. I would certainly bid on some knives or buy raffle tickets.

Vince, this is a great idea. I would certainly bid on some knives or buy raffle tickets.

I had this idea,some time back,only 'til now though,have I found a knife forum,with fella's in charge,that have hearts as big as they get & are good as gold ! letting me do this.
My hopes ,is that it is continued here,by others. It certainly is going on now !

Please see the first post,for some updates
Thanks,
Vince

Good luck

:running dog:Vincent
I see you finally got your idea off the ground. You know I will bid and or donate
good luck

I had this idea,some time back,only 'til now though,have I found a knife forum,with fella's in charge,that have hearts as big as they get & are good as gold ! letting me do this.
My hopes ,is that it is continued here,by others. It certainly is going on now !

Please see the first post,for some updates
Thanks,
Vince
It's a great idea. I don't know anyone who hasn't had to watch a loved on suffer and die from cancer. I'm glad to help however I can.

Vince, count me in for raffle tickets or a donation. Thanks for the invite to this forum as well.

Vince, count me in for raffle tickets or a donation. Thanks for the invite to this forum as well.

Breadman,good to see you here,look at the link in post #17 above & Thank You!
-Vince
PS More to come,too !

Back