Ya or Na, be honest please

martinjj

Tried some Mustard finish, like or dislike???? I am kinda on the fence with it, not to sure!?
Thanks,

Martin
003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg011.jpg

Thanks Uncle Billy! I am fixen to put a handle on today and wanted to peoples thought before I do!

Martin

Same from me. Love the fish eye. I think it would look great with some tarnished nickel silver and box elder burl handle!

If you were going for a antiqued look, you didn't make it. Try something like sticking it in a potato. If you want a matte finish you could try something like white vinegar or ferric chloride. You might try combining techniques to get the desired effect. What you have just doesn't appeal to me at all. Sorry for raining on your parade, but that's how I feel.

Doug

I agree with Doug, IF, you were trying to age it. To age it you have to go farther than what doug said. You have to make it rust, then clean it up. There are a few different ways to do that. If you just like that finish, then it is simply a matter of taste, and you will not please everyone, no matter what finish you use. Do what you like, until, or unless, you change your mind later on.

Doug don't be sorry, I asked and want people to be honest. I really am not trying for a sepefic(sp?) look Just trying it. Saw a few post about Mustard finish and wanted to give it shot. This is a blade from a band saw blade that Doug Douglas sent me to play around with. More than any thing I was looking for a learning experience and I got one!!! Started to put dots on it, let it dry and repeat. When I first saw it It intrigued me so I kept going. I am still not sure what I thinkl about it yet.

Thanks
Martin

Cool looking finish that will look even better once you finish the knife out, Thanks for posting.

French's Hey?
I prefer Grey Poupon myself!
If you go to www.foodieforums.com there is a thread somewhere about how to Force a patina on carbon steel Culinary knives.
Not my bag of tricks preferring Stainless for Culinary in particular!

One guy put some neat looking Tiger stripes on a carbon Japanese knife using Jack Daniels whiskey.

I save my Jack for it's intended use's,but the sky is the limit on oxidizing Carbon Steels!

Have fun!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Back