Finished for my Daughter

Lagrange

My second attempt at leather work. My daughter wanted a left hand holster for her Ruger 22/45. So I gave it my best shot. I know there are imperfections, but I am learning from my mistakes.
You guys can feel free to give me some tips and pointers if you want...all are welcome.
Bethsgun.jpg

This is about safety function more than your art.
The holster looks great!
But I would prefer a straighter line across the trigger guard. I wouldn't want her or anyone forgetting and slipping their trigger finger into the guard before they were on target and having a A/D

Also brush and foliage could snag the trigger when walking on a tight trail.

I really like the basket weave.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

I think you did a great job ! Love the double stitching , love the color , love the tooling .. I think it came out nice. Good Job.

She loves it. Thanks guys..it's not perfect, and yes the trigger should have had more cover, I agree.
I'm making a holster for one of my 1911's and have decided not to expose the trigger. You input is very much appreciated.

My second attempt at leather work. My daughter wanted a left hand holster for her Ruger 22/45. So I gave it my best shot. I know there are imperfections, but I am learning from my mistakes.
You guys can feel free to give me some tips and pointers if you want...all are welcome.
Bethsgun.jpg

Eric if this is only your second attempt at leather work, you are missing your calling. Irregardless of the trigger issue that is damn fine leather work!:35: As for the trigger issue it's only and issue if you put your finger inside the guard while drawing!:p :biggrin:

"Wow, thats great looking. I am going to give that a try."

You ought to.....it's rewarding! Thanks guys.

Back