Ever make one of those mistakes that will stick with you for the rest of your life?

J S Machine

I have a coworker who is really into Queen cutlery knives. He has been having trouble finding one so I suggested we look on Ebay. There were some there, and he really liked a few of them. I just left it at that, figured I'd suprise him. I won the auction, and got the knife about two weeks later. Walked into the house, opened the package and here we have a very nice fillet knife.

It seemed a little bent (probably just my perception) so I gently bent the blade a little. It didn't respond and basically went back to the gently curved shape it was in before I did it. I should have stopped right there..but I couldn't resisit. I thought that maybe I just didn't push hard enough..

Guess I didn't..

2012-05-10_11-20-18_590.jpg

And here we have one of those mistakes that I will never be able to forgive myself for. Hardest part was telling the coworker what I had done. And I am a knifemaker..I knew better :(

Ever make one of those mistakes that will stick with you for the rest of your life?

Yeah...I married it and she won't leave. burumbump:34::drool:

Seriously, that sucks. I'm sure we can all come up with an example of knowing better. On a positive note....with some surgical grinding, you can have a nice boning knife.

Rudy

John,
For some reason, I'm thinking that fillet knives were once made with a slight bend in them, it kinda makes sense, bu I do believe the practice was abandoned, I could be wrong though,...it happened once before!

It really sucks, especially when you were doing such a nice thing. I do like the boning knife idea though, turn a negative into a positive, Rex

my stomach hurts in sympathy for you.
ouch..some lessons are tough. Fillet knives should be a bit more flexible, especially since they are designed to flex in use.

I'm thinking it would make a great Trout & Bird knife if you regrind it...that is the reason you "shortened" the blade in the first place wasn't it? :nothing: :3:

Back