rosewood burl and B52

LR Harner

so i got my hands on some B52 from carpenter steel (this is a 3 melt ESR grade of 52100 )
had the burl form a few years back and thought it woudl be fitting for the old car inspired shape of the razor
gold wash 2-56 screws and 1/8 folder pivot

all and all its just a few simple bits of wood and steel to make an every day tool

all comments are welcome and i ll answer anything about it thnks for looking
dsc09810sm.jpg

Darn nice looking Razor you have made there L.R.
I like it all! From the blade shape to the scales and the Gold pivot pin.
Doesn't look like a old car tome? Looks new and Retro!

Now this steel B-52 Steel is a pure Carbon or does it have any Chromium in it?

Nice work.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Absolutely beautiful work LR. You knocked it out of the park on this one.

it has the same alloys as 52100 its jsut the cleanest most refined you can get (i have been told its liek getting a SS alloy done in PM style )

i pay extra for PM grades of steel cause they work better and cut smoother so the testing of ESR high carbon steels to see if they too are worth the extra $ had to be done
i can say it cut drilled and ground better but the real data will be after i get a few shaves off it

it has the same alloys as 52100 its jsut the cleanest most refined you can get (i have been told its liek getting a SS alloy done in PM style )

i pay extra for PM grades of steel cause they work better and cut smoother so the testing of ESR high carbon steels to see if they too are worth the extra $ had to be done
i can say it cut drilled and ground better but the real data will be after i get a few shaves off it

Beautiful piece!!!

Got to ask, how steep of a learning curve is there in using a straight razor??

God Bless
Mike

Hey Mike, the learning curve isn't bad at all. I've been shaving with straights from 3 years now (it all started when I began to turn my own brushes) and its been worth the few drops of blood I've shed. It took me about 20 or so shaves to get a smoother shave with a straight than with my old Mach III. Mind you, after the first 5 to 10' I was pretty comfortable with it all. If you ever want to give it a try I have about 60 razors in my small collection, we could work something out.

That's a beauty!! You can't beat a nice shave with a straight razor, especially a fine one like that.
How mcuh would you charge for one like that ?

Butch thats killer as usuall . I better get back at grinding . your making me jeaoulous as hell. I have 30 pounds of w2 I want to try out some 7/8 razors. Again Killer blade thanks for the show. Kellyw

Back