Shop air cleaner on a budget !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAIG1952

I was looking for several types by Grizzly, Delta, Etc..... I am trying to do my Knife making on a budget. My wife has been very good to me in getting this hobby started. The one thing that was bothering me was all the dust I was creating. Just didn't want to say I needed an air cleaner for a couple of hundred dollars:biggrin:
So I did a forum search on air cleaners and read the post about using 20" fans with a 20" filter. The other day I was at Wal mart and they had fans for $15.00. So I got two of them along with the furnace filters for under $40.00. Put them together and hung up both. I did rig them up to turn when I tuned on my shop lights. I just can't believe how much dust is in the air:biggrin:
Before you buy a shop air cleaner give this a try ! Also still wear a respirator :biggrin:

I was amazed at how well it worked also. Of course it will never replace a true vacuum system, but it is deffinaitely the next best thing if you are on a tight budget.

Just can't beat the price:s12205: for cleaner air when your grinding. Remember you still need a respirator :s11798:

Last edited:
I just bought the stuff to set this up, i aint tried it yet but its gotta help at least some. My wife is drilling me about dust EVERYWHERE lol. she says i neglected to mention the dust aspect of knife making to her when i decided to get started in this :) I swear i think i told her :)

My Wife did the same thing :lol:, but since doing this little project, haven't heard any complaints:biggrin: or my brain switch turns off, when she talks to me about the dust:3:

Last edited:
Back