Talk about lucky

mike miller

KNIFE MAKER
I have a friend and knife buyer who is big into the Friends of the NRA. He solits donations for their banquetts and raffles.

Two months ago he ordered some knives and indicated he might give a couple for their auction.
I delivered some knives to him and he had raffle tickets for their raffle.

Last Saturday night he called me and told me his grandson had pulled my name out of the hat as their raffle winner. Today my son and I went to pick up the raffle prize.

20120504_111923.jpgIMG00235-20120504-1147.jpg

My son and my grandson . Grandson is all tractors all the time. He had to have the first ride. My son said do you think I will ever get to use it with him not around.

The tractor with front end loader was the raffle. We added the trailer and brush hog. I have eight acres around my house and my son has 104 in his property.

Last edited:
SWEET!!! Congrats Mike! Your grandson and son, and heck even yourself look pretty excited! :)

God Bless

That's great man. Congrats on the great prize. I could sure use a tractor at the house. I know you will put it to good use.

Every year the company I work for has a safety drawing. You have to have perfect attendance and no safety violations. They put your name on a ping pong ball and draw out of a big hopper. They give away your choice of a new full size Chevy truck or $25k cash tax free (they pay the taxes on about $38k, so it ends up being about $25k in the end.) Depending on the number of employees in the company at the time, they will draw a prize per so many employees. This year, that equaled out to three drawings for three prizes. The first drawing was our two plants here in Alabama - About 1/160 odds. The second drawing was for our texas plant, about the same odds. The third drawing was with all the balls combined together, so about 1/300 odds.

Well, my jaw dropped when they pulled my ping pong ball out on the first drawing.

2011-12-15_13-04-56_70.jpg

This is a life changing event for most. I know it was for my family. I took the money and paid off all debt except the mortgage, and had a great Christmas. We were very blessed. :)

Congrats to you on your luck. And that is all it was with me - LUCK. I had sat next to a man the day before the drawing who wrote out two checks for a thousand dollars worth of chances. My $100 won the tractor.
I could have taken $10,000 cash but I knew what this would mean to my son having the tractor over the course of the next 30years and it was a no choice to me.

Last edited:
Back