Crazy Hawk

Wade Hougham

The haft is from a rib bone of a cow it is just a tad over 20" long. The head was forged from a bush hog blade and it is 3 3/4" long. There are copper tacks, brass spots, raw hide, hemp, coyote tail hair, feathers, crow beads, horn pipe and some carved and dyed symbols. This was a very fun one to make.
As always any and all comments are welcome.

knives to build 009.jpg

Last edited:
Wade cant thank you enough for the hawk you created for me. When I asked for something different you sure went the extra step and out did your self. GREAT JoB KT

I have to admit that I finally found a fault Wade. There simply arent enough pictures. I kept going back and forth looking at this creation of yours and was even tempted to turn my laptop on it's side so I could see something on this hawk that was not in clear view.
I like this one. The combination of brute strength and detailed artistry make this a very desirable piece. Good job!

Far Out Brother Wade....I LOVE it!!!
You been in my pipe bag? I can see a "Celt" hunter with this in his belt in the year 1000 BC...A cow bone with a spearhead stuck threw it...It was the "crazy" people that brought the rest to the world to the common items of today. ....OUTSTANDING!!!!

Back