Kirby Lambert production folder

• Thread starter silenthunterstudios
  • Start date
S

silenthunterstudios

Anyone get to check out Kirby Lambert's collaboration folder from Meyerco?

Last time I checked their website, I couldn't find anything new. I did see an ad for them in a knife mag. I can't seem to find their website right now.

Someone said it is going to be AO. Really scratched my interest on that. I love Kirby's designs though.

As long as we are offering opinions, I hate AO knives. I've carried traditional one hand openers for years and never had any issues. A few weeks after purchasing my first AO, I spent four hours in the ER getting stitched up (yes, I did feel like an idiot). Needless to say, immediately after leaving the ER and returning to my friend's shop, my AO was disassembled and reconfigured.

I know have another story for the "What Not To Do With Your Knife" book that I'll one day write as a children's saftery guide to knives.

Murph

Yeah to say the least I only owned one AO knife. I had a ZT 301 and traded it away promptly. I just won a knife that is AO but it should be easy to fix that. The BM nitrous AO is easy to take out. Just pull the little barrel that rests on the blade tang, then the AO becomes just a non moving part of the liners.

I, too really like his knives. At one time I thought AO's were the "stuff", but for me I've grown a little. I still like a nice D/A, but I don't see many of those out and about. I hope this one coming out isn't AO only.

Have they ever listed the release dates for any of their new line?

i just told my buddy - while showing him pics of KL 's knifes, this guy is gonna make it big.

his custom knifes are still.....cheap !

I handled one at SHOT.
The one I handled was almost indistinguishable from a custom.

I got to play with the one they had out at Blade this year. It was the non assisted and it was so close to a Lambert custom it was scary. Fit and feel all were there. The only thing not there was the Lambert logo. 2thumbs

I have spoke to Mycerco a few times w/ not to good of a responce, they are still working the kinks out. I plan on buying one & they will be in AO & Manual versions. THEIR steel choice is not what most people are looking for though!!

I haven't seen this knife. But I'm familiar Meyerco, & they make a good knife. The only down side is I feel they are just a little pricey. Is A.O. (AUTOMATIC OPENING)? If so I carry automatics & like them. Many times I'm doing something & my hands are busy & having the auto open is truly one handed. Just my two cents.

Back