2x72 belts

Don't get caught up in the cheaper belts. They tend to be more expensive in the long run because they will not last. Tracy carries a good selection of belts in his store. Supergrit is another outlet.

Doug

I second that!
No such thing as cheap belts worth buying.

Get 3M, Klingspor, Hermes, Norton, One great new belt is the Deerfos brand. These do cost a bit less.
Pass on the No name and brand X belts.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

It took me 10 years to learn that the most expensive thing that you can buy are cheep belts.

Dont mean to highjack the thread, but which belts do you folks suggest in the finer grits. Something that will last more than 1 blade. Scott

who got the best prices on these belts

Roesso, Tru Grit, Super Grit, Pops, USAKnifemaker and Mr. Al Garza if you're down in Texas all have belts, in said dimensions, for very decent prices. Some offer a lower price on belts, but are pricier with shipping and vise versa. I tend to choose to give my money to the smaller guy so I frequent USAKnifemaker, pops and Mr. Garza as often as possible.

Dont mean to highjack the thread, but which belts do you folks suggest in the finer grits. Something that will last more than 1 blade. Scott

I don't know about anyone else, but I like the TriZact or Norzon belts for the finer grits. It may differ if I were using anything other than Carbon Steel.

Most grits of 220G and finer just don't last much more than a knife or two.

The structured abrasive ceramics from Norton and 3M do last longer.
the Norton X65 is about a 320G Then they have a X30 that's around a 500Gs

My experience with these belts is they work best for after HT finishing.

www.tru-grit.com has them & The 3m Gator that's in the same X series instead of grits.

Also Scott @ Tru-Grit has these new padded Deerfos belts that are a great value.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Mike, Al Garza is unknown to me, but you've got me interested. That isn't a name you can really Google and find anything... Mind posting or PMing contact info? I prefer to keep it local when I can, though there are exceptions.

Travis, Al is in San Antonio IIRC. I'll give him a call and get his permission to post information on here. If you ever make it out to First Monday in Canton, TX he sets up there quite often.

Back