A Bowie

Church & Son

A friend sent me a chunk of Mule Deer antler from a big buck his son had taken,
and a pic of a knife blade and I filled in the blanks…The blade is #1065 from a saw blade
and the guard is mild steel from the scrap bin at realjob….All hacksaw and filing on the blade,
quenched in salt water with a little aging added. 12 1/2″ overall with 7 1/2″ sharp x 1 3/8″….
Doctor has me on wimpy hammer restrictions so there was a ton of hand work..…
Rawhide and brass tacks per owners request..
It is a awesome handle, fits the hand well..He’s making his own sheath so maybe I’ll get a pic back to show

tkbow1.jpg
tkbow3.jpg
tkbow2.jpg

Thank Ya Gents...my "pounder" getting fixed may actually move me into the 20th century...
I had a dream about a belt grinder and a smithy with AC..or at least a roof...........

Damn Randy you are GOOD. You should make more of the beaded items. Not many people doing that good of work. I cant thank you enough for making this for my wife and me. Here are some more pictures of the bag so people can see how Good you are. Your friend Terry alias KT

Attachments

• kiowa1.jpg
    kiowa1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 7
  • kiowa2.jpg
    kiowa2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 11
A very "serious" Bowie to be sure! Great work! I second whoever mentioned doing more leather/bead work. You have a good eye for symmetry and scale. Ever thought about doing some Celtic knotwork bead motifs?

I just got these items from Randy Church and i want to thank him again. The pictures dont do his work justice. KT

Attachments

• hquirt2.jpg
    hquirt2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 6
  • kiowa1.jpg
    kiowa1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 3
Back