Current or ex minister knifemakers?

Travis Fry

I used to be a minister/missionary. My brother was a youth minister. Neither of us do either now, but we both make knives. I've recently met 3 other guys (some you know from here, but I'll let them identify themselves) who are currently in church ministry, and once traded supplies with another. This seems to be a disproportionate slice of the knifemaking crowd. Do any of y'all know (or are you yourself) a current or former minister that makes knives? I'm not suggesting we form a club or anything (given the ministry experience of most, a support group would be more appropriate anyway), I'm just curious.

I am a licensed Baptist minister. I am also a deacon at my church, Oakview Baptist Church. We are currently without a pastor and I am helping by doing Wednesday night Bible study and preaching some on Sunday. I also preach at a lot of the small local Baptist churches when they are without a pastor or when their pastor needs to be gone on Sunday.

Presently serving as an active duty Military Chaplain, and typically find a local church to support as unpaid pastoral staff wherever I am stationed. Prior to that I have served as Pastor (FBC Tombstone AZ), Church Planter in southern Arizona and Missionary in Africa and the Middle East. Knife making for me has some excellent connection points for ministry, great conversation starter and good for illustrations. I made my last RP (enlisted support assigned to Chaplains) a knife handled in mycarta made from my uniform, which he received rather well.

Nice to meet some fellow servants!

S/F, Chaps

Back