My first necker

leighwill

Hi all this is the first neck knife i have made, i was going to make a nessie but the circular saw blade was too thin and my forge too hot, while i was heating the blade the spine melted into the forge so back to the drawing board. what i decided to do was a small neck knife for myself, everything on this blade was salvage.
The blade itself is off a makita table top saw blade, the handle scales are from a piece of solid oak wood flooring and the pins are stainless quarter bolts, the liners are 22mm copper pipe cut in half and flattened down. Still have a bit of work to do on it, but please be critical but try not to make me cry.
It will help me improve, enjoy.
IMAG0665.jpgNECK1.jpgNECK2.jpgNECK3.jpgNECK4.jpgNECK5.jpgCIRCULAR SAW.jpg

Looks good - I like the design. Consider reducing the thickness of the scales so the knife rides flat and more comfortable as a necker.

it will be considered, going to do a bit more this weekend, got some ides floating about in the head, so this might get a little treatment, we will have too see.
as it is though it feels good in the hand, but i will take your advice on board.
Cheers Leigh

i really like the salvage part good idea the copper i like. for my own knicker id use a thiner scale nice knife

cheers guys preciate the comments. i try to use whatever is available to me at the time as long as it looks and feels right.
gonna fire up the forge this sunday and work on a piece of unknown steel i got hold of last year.
Its about 5 feet long and its like a screw out of a g-clamp just bigger and its about 30mm diameter. so im going to see if thats any good

Back