Kwaiken Variant in Micarta

liontribe

this knife is for one of our young fighting men. it is shipping out next week. he wanted a kwaiken with the clipped tip with a brushed finish. he also requested the honey colored micarta. i wasn't keen on that combo, but it came out well. just gotta wrap it in kydex and she will be done. this one is from 1095 and its' about 10.5" long. feels nicely balanced in the hand.

liontribe

KwaikeninMicarta007.jpg

KwaikeninMicarta002.jpg

KwaikeninMicarta013.jpg

KwaikeninMicarta011.jpg

Very nice ... and I can imagine why he wanted the honey scales. That's a very useful design for service!

Forgive my ignorance, is the arched spine achieved in stock removal or forging? I'd be curious to make something along those lines, but I don't forge.

Thanks!

thank you, sirs. this is a stock removal design. i just carefullly shaped the curved spine and put some small distal tapers on the spine as well. that was requested by the buyer. i usually make my kwaiken models straight with a nice sharp point. the subtle curve and the snub nose tip were at the customers request. it did come out nicely. it feels quite lively in the hand.

liontribe

Back