Three knives for U.S. Marines

Stormcrow

These will go in the mail on Monday. They were made for three current members of the USMC.

usmc.jpg

usmc1.jpg

usmc2.jpg

usmc3.jpg

They're forged from 3/4" round 5160, filed bevels, triple normailzed to refine the grain, triple quenched in veggie oil to harden, and triple tempered for toughness. The handle wraps are paracord impregnated with Minwax Wood Hardener with desert tan for the underlay, black wth its core stripped out for the overlay, and black with the core intact for the two-strand Turk's head knots.

The sheaths are desert tan Kydex with two MOLLE locks each.

Edges are shaving sharp, including the top edge of the bottom knife. In fact, it drew blood already because someone assumed it was a false edge and ran their finger along it before I could stop them. :)

They've been being worked on since I started playing around with this paracord wrap and have been re-wrapped three times. I'm happy with them now, though I will continue to tweak my method as I do more of these wraps. One of the Marines who will be recieving a knife got to handle them one handle wrap back, several months ago. I asked him if he had any comments, and this was what he typed:

"a wonderful blend of both a utility and tactical blade mixture." "perfect for cutting a MRE box open or a cutting a bad dude if needed :) "

Looks like these blades will probably accompany them to some exotic locales.

Hey SC, great job on those Devil Dog knives. Thank you for supporting the troops, they don't get enough of it.

second that thanks for the suppor of troops greath blades hope the garheads & knifes come home safe ,(outstanding)

Yeah, thank you for supporting the troops. Those really are great knives deserving of the military, I'm sure they're being put to good use! Where did you learn to tie those turks heads knots? I've never seen that styling before, looks good

Thank y'all! Here's hopeing they get used on a mountain of MREs and not too many bad guys. :)

Durwin - I asked Tai Goo how to do it several years ago and he sent me the link to this animation: http://www.ropeworks.biz/archive/Aturkhed.html To make it a two strand, I start with a yard of cord, double it over and tape the ends, then tie the knot just like I do a single strand. I just have to make sure not to get the strands twisted.

Back