More Bang for the Bump

Denny Eller

Congratulations to Bruce Bump for having a great spread in the latest Blade Magazine! Les Robertson did a super job on the article but he failed to mention one thing: how Bruce is so willing to share his knowledge and help those who ask. IMHO Blade could devote a whole issue to your work, Bruce. Kaye and Copper must be very proud of you.

Denny, thanks for the mention here. Kaye and Copper are proud of me for sure, especially Copper.
I did mention to Les about Knifedogs and my wips but he may have not wanted to play favorites with forums. This is by far my favorite forum because of fine dogs like yourself.

yea bruce that knife port royal knife is amazing. great spread. funny i got back into forgeing in 89 to make flint strikers to help kids at the camp fire ,troubled youth program. we taught the kids to make fire with flint and steel . anyway Congratulations

Thanks guys! I havent gotten my issue yet so have no idea whats in there. I know I was late getting Steve the final picture of the "Port Royal" but the unengraved picture is there and a slippie from last years Blade Show CKCA Mini Show.

Thanks Max!
I finally got my copy. Its weird to read about yourself but nice weird. I've gotten a couple orders from the article already too. Les did mention our Knifedogs forum. I found one error too, the picture of the pistol/knife "port royal" says its engraved by Brian Hochstrat but it isnt engraved at all in that photo. Oh well.

Much appreciated Calvin. any luck with the turkey hunt? Pictures please?

The only picture I could show you is me,empty handed . I've been for 15 days in a row and haven't killed a turkey yet,been close a couple of times but nothing yet but I'm going to stay after them. I did kill a coyote that messed me up 3 times,the last time he came within range of my magnum turkey loads,now he's buzzard bait.

Calvin, maybe you're too well fed. My great white hunter brother from Montana always goes hunting on an empty stomach. He claims it makes him a better hunter.
That said, hows that coyote taste? :biggrin:

Back