Indian Knife & Sheath

backtines

A friend of mine wanted me to make him a Indian style knife and sheath . The challange for me was to incorporate a bunch of his stuff into the project. He had given me a mountain lion claw, a turkey beard , 2 elk teeth , snake skin and an elk antler all from his past hunts. This is what I came up with ,( there's some horse hair and bone beads in there as well ) thanks to the help of watching John Cohea's Rawhide Sheath making video .. I hope he likes it .

Thanks for looking ,
Mike DeBartolo

Very nice work Mike!While I can see my influence in boththe knife and sheath,you've also taken the information that I put out there in the videos and went in your own direction with it,which is a good thing!Keep up trhe great work my man and keep passing it on to your young one!

Well, I guess you took John Cohea's DVD and put it to the best and highest use. Both knife and sheath represent the highest degree of professionalism in execution. Put simply, you did good! I know John would echo my comments.

Paul

I like both the knife and the sheath. The sheath has a lot of elements to it yet you made them all flow together and not look cluttered with "stuff"

The styling and overall lines on the knife are very nice. Good work.

Well my knife and sheath made it to Africa . My friend was very happy , he said it held up great and he sent me a few pics ..

Back