All done with knife number two!!!!!!!

martinjj

Well it's all done!!!! Finally!!!!! I have put some time into this one. I may not be a pro knife maker but I think I could be called a pro sander!!!! This little knife really put me through some loops, there were a few times I just wanted to throw my hands up and say "hey, it's your second knife, It ant got to be perfect". I would just have in the back of my mind who I was intending on giving it to, My Grandfather. There were days that every thing I touched went to the craps and than there were the good days when it all came together! I am heading to Arizona for two weeks to do some work on my Mothers house and wanted to be finished with it for I could give it to him while I was out there. I think having to put a dead line on it really messed me up, I would try and rush a bit to get it done but only would end up knocking me back a day!!!

Martin
knife 2 001.jpgknife 2 003.jpgknife 2 004.jpgknife 2 006.jpgknife 2 008.jpgknife 2 010.jpgknife 2 011.jpg

Good Job Martin. Your grandfather will be mighty proud when he gets it. I remember the look on my grandfathers face when he got a Skinner from me. bigger issue here is you kept at it till it was done and didnt quit when it would have been easy too. next one will go even smoother. just wait till you get to 200, you'll be grinding in your sleep.

Erik

thanks guys!! I think I did have a few nightmares of sand paper coming to seek revenge on on me!! It's all wrapped up and in the suit case, I leave early in the morning!! Looking forward to giving it to my Grandfather!! I was comparing it to the the first knife I made and wow what a difference! I have learned so much! Kinda funny how I thought I was a the bomb after my first knife, I have soooooo much to learn and look forward to learning it!!!

Martin

Great work, that sucker's SHINY. Don't worry, the sandpaper doesn't mind getting used. Though occasionally it objects to having large sheets reduced to smaller pieces by giving papercuts.

You were able to do that on your second knife?! Awesome! Especially nice job taking that blade to a mirror polish. Keep up the good work!

Thanks mt_hangglider, I owe it all to Knife Dogs!!! There is alot of free, great info here just sit back and do some searching.

Martin.

Back