God Bless our Military!

Curtiss Knives

KD Founding Member #1, Knifemaker
Folks, I just needed to share this. It really hits home. A few days ago I received a call from a gentleman that said he had one of my knives and it needed repaired. I asked him what was wrong with it and which knife it is. He replied that it was a Convicted folder and that it was his son's knife. He then went on to tell me about his son. I won't mention his name, but he was a Green Beret and was serving in Afghanistan when he was KIA when hit by an RPG. He had the knife with him and carried it always. He said the clip was broken along with the screws. He said they would like to have it fixed to put with his other items for memory.

Well, I got the knife in today. Yes it has broken backspacer screws and a broken clip. I will be completely rebuilding the knife. It is obvious what happened to the knife. I would also like to do a little something special to be returned with the knife. I'll come up with something or if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Anyway, I am deeply sorrowed by this loss and I don't even know him. Just the fact that he thought so much of this knife overwhelms me. I am truly honored to be able to do this for his family. Just remember to thank each and every military member for their service and sacrifices. God Bless our Military!
salute4.gif

I would send another knife back with the repaired one for the father or if he had any brothers?
I too am touched by this story.
Most people havce no idea how much we owe all that are seriving and those that have served in our Military.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Its because of men and women like that , we are allowed to do what we do here in America .. God Bless each and every one of them !!!!!!!!!!
I kinda like the Idea Laurence had .. Make one for his dad so he too can have one beside him.
Mikey D

That's a heart breaker for sure. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Many of you guys have "signed the blank check" and we appreciate all of your sacrifices.

Thanks for sharing Dave.

BC

Dave,I know you are former military yourself... I know how moved you must be...
I know whatever you do,it will be appreciated by the family.
Good on you brother...

Great ideas! What about numbering the knives such as One of Two and Two of Two? Shadow box with the Special Forces motto at the bottom? Use the Green Beret badge as the field for the shadow box?

The deal is done. I will slick up the knife and it will be encased in 150 year old reclaimed fir with the proper info laser etched into the wood. I am also sending another knife to his dad for him to use. I am so honored to be able to do this.

Absolutely top notch Dave. If I only thought you were one of the good guys before, I am sure of it now. This is a great tribute for someone who did their best for us.

Yes as Bill said,that is a heart breaker.Awesome thing your doing there Dave.

And to the Soldiers Father,Thank You Sir,for raising such a fine young man!

God bless,
Keith

How about engraving or etching something on the second knife for his dad to make it personalized?

Ric

All great ideas guys! Send it with many prayers, the family needs them. When my son Steven was killed in Iraq, he had one of my knives on him. It was a smaller K-Bar version. Before I glued up the leather spacers for the handle, the whole family took one each and wrote a little prayer on it. Steven never knew about it. It was a family secret.
Love the shadow box idea.
GOD BLESS!!!
Michael

All great ideas guys! Send it with many prayers, the family needs them. When my son Steven was killed in Iraq, he had one of my knives on him. It was a smaller K-Bar version. Before I glued up the leather spacers for the handle, the whole family took one each and wrote a little prayer on it. Steven never knew about it. It was a family secret.
Love the shadow box idea.
GOD BLESS!!!
Michael

Michael,
I can't think of what to say that could convey,
the hurt and Pride I feel for you and your brave son!
I truly thank you and your family and Son for his brave service,
From the bottom of my Heart!

Your & yours will be in my prayers tonight.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/
Laurence

Michael, I'm with Laurence on this. Thank you so very much.
My son will turn eighteen in a few months. He has talked to me many times about joining the military. Coming from a military family I can not dissuade him, but I ask him to talk to members of our family who have served. I do not know what I would do if anything happened to him.

Back