old spring(my KITH WIP)

GHEzell

DSCN0168.jpg

I finally got the beast forged out and almost ready to heat-treat, blade is approx. 18", not sure why it had to be so big....
Forged from a leaf-spring from a totaled 78 camero. I'm working on this one while also working on some commissions, so progress is slow and sporadic.

A neo-tribal seax!

I'm thinking about bone for the handle, not really sure as yet... we shall see.:)

I got around to measuring it and the blade is 16 1/2" long, my original estimate was a bit off... I'll be heat-treating it sometime this weekend, it will be the largest blade I've attempted yet in this forge, wish me luck...

It is now heat-treated, and only warped a little bit, but I can fix that. I'm glad I was able to get it up to temperature evenly, and that my quench tank was deep enough...:biggrin:

I've picked out a nice chunk of bone for the handle...

Finished Monday, just in time...
Since the photo was taken I've added a brass pin. 25 3/4" long overall. The sheath is still drying...
Spring steel, cow bone, buffalo horn, brass, and a bit of attitude. And, in the first pic, a fly...
Yyg118.jpg

Yyg120.jpg

Last edited:
That is very sweet George. I am honored to get this in our KITH. You can bet that I shall smite the heck out of stuff with it. Yes things will be smitten. Great job. Can't wait to see it together with the sheath.

Back