My first Recurve, LR-1R

Lerch

This is my first try at a recurve blade, though some of my previous knives have had large bellies so they were a little similar. I am not sure what the functional purpose of a recurve blade would be, but it sure looks cool :)

440C stainless, OAL 9" 5/32" thick
Double tempered and LN Cryo
Convex ground with secondary bevel
Black and Green Micarta handles with Blaze orange 1/8" liners
lanyard tube and corby bolts
Stone washed finish

sorry for cell phone pics, i will try to get some good pics up tomorrow

photo-11-1.jpg

photo-12-1.jpg

photo-13.jpg

let me know what ya think

thanks
steve

I like it. The handle work really shows off the micarta layers and texture.

Steve,
The functional part of a recurve Blade is to increase the length of cutting edge in a given length knife and also to increase the previously mentioned & the tension if you were slashing at a taunt rope or somebody!

It also gives more belly if you wish to field dress a animal with it.

Nice looking knife!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Thanks guys

Thanks Laurence, that makes sense. This was my first try with the laminate handles, well actually i did one a long time ago but it had been a while. im pretty happy with the results

I like it a lot. Are recurved blades harder to sharpen than normal blades? I heard they were, but I have never tried to make one. Yours looks really nice.

Well sharpening it on my grinder was as easy as pretty much any other knife i have done, now as for sharpening it on a stone or rod of some sort i have no idea. I would think a stone would be difficult

Thanks Logan

steve

That turned out really nice Steve. I actually had to keep going over the pictures again and again to take in the entire depth of the knife. You seem to be hitting your nitch so to speak, and expressing your creativity through the materials. Nice job on this one. What do you have in mind for a sheath?

Back