DSCN3513.jpg

DSCN3523.jpg

DSCN3531.jpg

DSCN3558.jpg

DSCN3539.jpg

DSCN3550.jpg

DSCN3496.jpg

DSCN3504.jpg

that is a cool combo Tai and Ray. great work. love the copper pieces you fab'd for that one. copper is a lot of fun to play with.
beautiful, too. You and Ray both hit your stride well with this one. He is really doing some great stuff with his new sheath style/technique, and the accents or furniture you made for this blade show a lot of style, to. I love to see it when someone builds something esthetically-appealing and sophisticated from a collection of relatively simple parts and techniques. Sure, some of the individual steps require a significant bit of skill, but its putting all of them together into something that becomes a lot more than the individual pieces or steps. I know that sounds corny. Everyone knows what synergy is. Still, doesn't mean it never applies.

cool stuff.
kc

T, I was thinking you photo shopped these photo's but now I see your using a black fabric. It sure makes the photo's pop. Looking forward to doing another one in the future.

hey Tai - how thick is the spine on that blade at the guard and then again near the tip (just rough estimates). I have seen a lot of folks making knives that looked too brawny to cut much. I am guessing that one is relatively thin and light, given it's size. But, I could be all wrong... happens (if you ask my wife it happens fairly regularly).

edited to add: now that I typed this I remember - didn't I read somewhere else that Ray called one of your knives (maybe this one), "light as a feather,"? Ain't it funny how memory works, that is probably the thing that caused me to wonder how thick this blade was in the first place.

take care
kc

Last edited:
That profile is perfect - your eye is most definitely dialed in. Very nice work - the whole deal.

Tai, that knife is outstanding! Exclamation points don't really express my feelings for that knife. The sheath, from Captain Rayhab, makes me speechless also. For an old fart that didn't like making sheaths a few years ago, this sheath truly exhibits the fact that he has gone over to the Dark (leather) Side. May God Bless Him for the Journey and may the Saguaros continue to give you inspiration like this.

Back