2 hunters,Mammoth ivory and damascus,bone and saw steel

John M Cohea

After the Little Rock show I sent Chuck home with a little homework.Here's what I just got back from him today.
The first one is handled in some unusual looking blue mammoth ivory,blade steel is Chad Nichols damascus,reforged by me.Blade is 4 1/2",OAL is 9",frame is fileworked mild steel with a blacksmith's curl,copper liners.
Sheath is vegtan with braintanned buckskin front and back panel.rawhide cuff and back.
The second is lower black bear jaw with a 4"sawsteel blade with antique finish,OAL is 8".Sheath is rawhide over veg-tan with a few forced wrinkles.Both knives have copper bands w/rawhide wraps.
Thanks for the great pics Chuck!
6819670950_e10482b2dd_b.jpg

6819670638_3e4759b8f8_b.jpg

6967099191_058af4d1a5_b.jpg

You da man John !

The brain tanned goes perfectly with the ivory and I love those two random texture shots on the bevels ! Almost like two eyes. Got me thinking you could whip up a few specialty punches and get some amazing effects on the bevels.

GREAT blades and sheaths as usual

Josh

AweInspiring John, if that's not a word it should be....
I'm really liking the rawhide over buckskin.....
I have a chunk of Chad Nickols wiggley iron, I'm afraid to put heat to it...It's a work of art as it is..

Last edited:
John, Your knives are equal to your sheaths in pure beauty and craftsmanship. I love everything you put out here for us to admire. Wade

Back