CPM-S125v datasheet?

jylong_away

Hi all,

have managed to get a small amount of CPM-S125V from chuck and jess at AKS, but have not managed to find a detailed datasheet on it(crucible site says to contact customer service, but there's no email listed!)

Does anyone have the old pdf datasheet from their website?

Thanks!

Dave

I gotta ask....are you planning on making blades from S125V? If I remember correctly, it contains 3.25% carbon, and was developed as a structural steel for bridge building.

I gotta ask....are you planning on making blades from S125V? If I remember correctly, it contains 3.25% carbon, and was developed as a structural steel for bridge building.

As crazy as it sounds..um..yes ;P I realize how hard it's going to be to work with, and I've worked with S90V prior to this. Thankfully, this is mostly a hobby for me, rather than an enterprise, so I can afford to take my time!

Dave

There is enough good steels to use why go CPM125V ????

mostly for the sense of achievement, and *exoticness* I guess. As I mentioned, I don't make knives to sell, so I don't have that kind of deadline to work to. I actually get the most satisfaction from initially making a blade, then modifying it bit by bit as I get new ideas. I'm the first to admit that I haven't really focused on getting my blades very good looking(high shine, etc). When I first started making, it was because I couldn't find a 'user' that suited all my purposes, so decided to try and make one. Same for the jewelry I make(which is what I've been mostly doing lately anyway. I'll probably end up making a ring from leftover S125V just to say that I did ;P Now if only I could make folders...

Dave

Back