Intorducing the centerfire.

Chuck Gedraitis Knives

I had the idea for a new blade opening purchase other than a hole or a thumbstud. After a couple tests I was ready to put it on a blade and this is what I came up with. It reminds me of the end of a centerfire bullet cartridge. This is a prototype.

The blade is 4in long, 1in wide and .125 thick made of CPM154. The "A" scale is black/green G-10 and the lock side is textured titanium. The full length backspacer is also CPM154. I also indexed the slotted screws, I didn't have any torx that were long enough. Overall length is 8-7/8.

The centerfire cutouts in the blade make opening very quick and easy. I have been opening the knife since I cut them out with no problem. I also handed the knife to my wife who was able to open it easily multiple times. I also tested it with wet hands and with my winter gloves on, no problem. The centerfire cutouts in the handle provide excellent grip.

I hope to incorporate this design on a few more knives.

Let me know what you think,
Chuck

Centerfirefolder.jpg

Centerfirefolderb.jpg

Centerfirefolderbackspacer.jpg

Centerfirefolderclosed.jpg

I could make it Ambidexterous, just by cutting the other side as well. The cuts are .050 deep so there is plenty of room for them on both sides. Maybe the next one?

Back