Jon Christensen/Tom Ferry Black Star Bowie

Buddy Thomason

I made up that name just now, but it's my knife and Jon Christensen and Tom Ferry didn't suggest a name for it. I got it for free! Sort of. It was at BLADE Show last year and I'd bought a knife from Mike Vagnino, one of the four ACE(Artisans of Cutlery) guys that also includes David Lisch.
So, Mike enters my name into a drawing for this knife. I actually won. Unreal. :D
The knife was cool on it's on, but a good knife needs a sheath. Jon suggested the silver throat and tip style, but in stainless to match the guard and fittings. Tom Ferry engraved the striking star motifs, which fit the knife so well.
The knife itself features appealing elements of Jon's artistic style. When the sheath arrived to complete the package I was surprised by the amped up synergy going on. Artisans of Cutlery, indeed!
Blade: Quilted Feathers mosaic damascus with massive voodoo chatoyance. 7 3/4 inches
Handle: carved African Blackwood
OAL: 12 1/2 inches

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. These two help show the damascus pattern which is so 3D in real life that it's nearly impossible to translate it into a 2D 'see it flat on the page' format without its losing that quality to a great extent. Still, we try...

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Back