Hunter order

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Just finished this order for a hunting knife. The customer was wanting an antiqued blade. Its got a 5 3/4" L-6 blade, iron fittings and sambar stag handle. Its 10 1/2" overall. Its also got one of my two ply cowhide sheaths.

IMG_4163.JPG

IMG_4166.JPG

IMG_4168.JPG

Ray,
That thing is ready to gut and skin. You know there is going to be at least one happy hunter in the woods this fall. Wade

Ray your knives have a straight forward rugged beauty to them yet are very original - nice work for sure.

Ray - you've got it - whatever "it" is - but where's the damn ABS ricasso <kidding!><just kidding!>

Seriously: Every time I see one of your knives the back of my brain yells "that's what it's *supposed* to be!"

And I don't know anybody else who can get a temper line on 5160 - no bullsh!t <grin>

Ray - you've got it - whatever "it" is - but where's the damn ABS ricasso <kidding!><just kidding!>

Seriously: Every time I see one of your knives the back of my brain yells "that's what it's *supposed* to be!"

And I don't know anybody else who can get a temper line on 5160 - no bullsh!t <grin>

Micheal, How the heck did you come up with 5160? Actually its the first time I got a temper line on L-6. Something I wasn't expecting. I did 3 thermal cycles before I heat treated the blade and I'm sure that had a lot to do with the temper line. I did make a batch of new clay for this knife. 50% fire clay and 50% of very fresh BS from my new bull, Son of Little Bill who's grandfather was Clinton.

Glad you fellows like the knife. Its the first sensible one I have made in a few months.

Very nice . I can feal that knife in my hand a gutting and skinning . and a super sheath.

Back