DSCN3406-1.jpg

DSCN3428.jpg

DSCN3446.jpg

DSCN3461.jpg

DSCN3401.jpg

DSCN3432.jpg

DSCN3469.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful work. Love the quench lines. Jim would have been very proud if he had been carrying this one. Wade

Thanks.

Here’s a couple shots of the sheath, by the inimitable Chuck Burrows.

DSCN3394.jpg

DSCN3390.jpg

As always working with Tai is a pleasure even though it's also a challenge to match his workmanship and ideas. On this one it was a bit harder in some ways since the knife wasn't completed when I got it to make the sheath so I didn't have a real color scheme to work with and winged it (just think like Tai - right! :eek: ). We did that to "protect" what would be the final blades finish - still working on an unfinished piece is nice in one way since I don't have to fret so much over even minor scratches (mirror polished blades can be a nightmare).
Anyway here are a couple more pics of the sheath and of the knife while still a WIP

wild-goo-34-1.jpg

wild-goo-34-2.jpg

Thanks Chuck. I was originally thinking black on the wrappings, but when I saw the sheath I went with the flow. I actually think it's better this way with the dark brown and tan either way.

It's all excellent to me! Including the sheath. But what really sets this one apart is the drop at the Ricassio by the rear of the edge were the cutting edge actually starts. SWEET!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Back