Survival Knife

R Appleby

KNIFE MAKER
Hi All, Something else I don't do very often is a tac styled knife. I designed this for my wifes doctor who is for one an avid hiker and also goes to desolate parts of the world doing surgeries during times of disaster. I really like this piece and am prototyping it with more survival minded features so the design is not yet complete.

Specs are;

Blade ; Differentially tempered 5160, 5" X 1/4" thick X 1 1/4" wide, flat ground to spine with a convexed edge. Blade has 2 3/4" x 1/4" fuller and unsharpened
clip point.

Handle; Inclined knurled thumb ramp, Index finger recess for better retention and blade control. 4, 1/4" chamfered holes for lashing to a pole for use as a spear
or extended weapon. Extended tab on but for prying and glass breaker. Handle scales are fluted bead blasted black G10 attached with Chicago screws.

OAL; 10 1/4"
attachment.php

DSCF0005.JPG

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Looks like a well thought out design and a flawless exicution! I feel safe traveling into the unknown with a blade like that. Whats the coating?

God Bless
Mike

Thanks, still working on the design there is room for a little improvement. The coating is a parkerized finish and sprayed with Brownell's version of gunkote.

In almost 20 years of making knives I have never made a knife for myself. I made one of these for myself and I can't wait to beat on it.

Back