Almost Done!

Mike,
Great looking knife and craftsmanship!!!! What are materials and measurements? Unique design on the sheath, I like it. Wade

Hey Wade , from the tip to the beginning of the bolster is 3.5" , total length is 8" . I really dont remember the name of the wood I used . I bought a few chunks of this stuff on line and it looked pretty good .. It is stabilized and I got a really good deal .( I paid 25 bucks for 3 pieces 5" x 2" blocks ) There's a piece of walnut strip between the bolster and the handle. Those walnut strips are 1/4 x 1/8 thick . I stacked one on top of the other to get my height. Everything is lined with a light red liner .015 thick. I have the liners on each side of the scales and on each side of the walnut strip. There's a piece of brass between the handle and the liner .030. After I completed the file work I sanded the rounds up to 3000 grit to make them pop shinny , I left the blade more of a satin finish just to show more contrast when you look at the blade. ( I think it shows a bit more depth when you look at the knife over all , Just my opinion ).. I also rounded the spines edge from the beginning of the file work to the tip . ( cant really see it in the picture ).
As far as the sheath goes , I built the welt in the exact shape of the blade and formed the sheath to it ( just to get rid of any movement of the blade when its in the sheat . The basket weave is what Ive been doing and I just added that cross band to break it up a little and just add a little more to it.
Thanks for the nice comments Wade , I hope this makes you see it more .. There are so many beautiful knives out there . Like Yours , Keith's and so many others and by looking at these pictures , they really dont give it justice .. I just wanna hold all of them in my hand , espicially that big friggin club handle knife you made .. That thing was Bad A&& !!!

Thanks Bro,
Mikey D

Mikey, Nice answer and yes it makes a whole lot of difference putting everything into perspective. Keep 'em coming. Wade

Back