Wassup for the weekend????

Give the Lil Lady a big hug and kiss for me.:D And she is right.:eek:
Three of us went to the HF Store and I end up walking out $60 poorer.:eek:
On the way back we stop by Gary (Wolf) Rua's house to wake his butt up. I was banging on all his front window and yelling "Honey I'm Home". ;) Then we can back here and I served lunch and some of my Ghost Chilies Relish. HEHEHEHE!!!

Give the Lil Lady a big hug and kiss for me.:D And she is right.:eek:
Three of us went to the HF Store and I end up walking out $60 poorer.:eek:
On the way back we stop by Gary (Wolf) Rua's house to wake his butt up. I was banging on all his front window and yelling "Honey I'm Home". ;) Then we can back here and I served lunch and some of my Ghost Chilies Relish. HEHEHEHE!!!
Already done, George!
Hey, what is a "HF store"?
I got up early and of course, wife was already up with the dogs and curled up in the livingroom watching TV. I'm gonna peek out the front and see of the bushytails are running. It was supposed to get cold last night, so the treerats will probably snooze in until it warms up.

That's funny, what you was yelling while knocking on Wolf's window! :D:D:D

I sure wish you live closer to here, IG. But probably is better you don't, considering all the trouble you would get me into. ;) :D

We handed out candy to all the little goblins and monsters last night. We had as much fun as the kids. We had a lot of kids to the front door this year. I was going to wear an IG costume but didn't want to scare the kids that bad. :D

HF = Harbor Freight. unsure You Ole Injun at least I can take my mask off.:eek: HEHEHEHEHHE!!!!
Trouble is my middle name.stogie

Well, I didn't get out with the rifle today.:( Squaw cornered me into bordering the new carpet in the kitchen with quarter-round. By the time I got done with that job, dang squirrels had gone in. :eek::(

So, it was a couple of more honey-dos since the day was shot, and then take a nap since that almost real work done wore me out.

After a couple of errands tomorrow morning, I'm going to split those two big chunks of oak and salvage the burl out of it before going to work that afternoon. At least I am going to start the week with an easy patrol.

Working of any sort sucks on Sunday unless it's shop time. Sunday is meant for hunting, fishing, and taking a nap after a big meal if not working in the shop.

Fried squirel, gravy, and ,taters, George. 2thumbs I like grits but nobody else here does. You sit down to my table, you would swear off those bottom feeders. :D ;)

Fried squirel, gravy, and ,taters, George. 2thumbs I like grits but nobody else here does. You sit down to my table, you would swear off those bottom feeders. :D ;)

I think not.:eek: You just stay with your fried treerat and Bear's Eye Stew.I'm cool I'll stick with my bottom feeders. HEHEHEHE!!!!

I think not.:eek: You just stay with your fried treerat and Bear's Eye Stew.I'm cool I'll stick with my bottom feeders. HEHEHEHE!!!!

IG you don't know what you are missing. Squirrel tastes like chicken. And man the gravy you get with that is great. Man I am hungry now.

IG you don't know what you are missing. Squirrel tastes like chicken. And man the gravy you get with that is great. Man I am hungry now.
Yep on that! 2thumbs

I have converted some hunting pals to hunting and eating squirrels. The have discovered a whole new world of hunting and at the same time, improving their hunting skills. And they love eating squirrels. One new convert brought some squirrel stew to work and shared with me. :D

Yep on that! 2thumbs

I have converted some hunting pals to hunting and eating squirrels. The have discovered a whole new world of hunting and at the same time, improving their hunting skills. And they love eating squirrels. One new convert brought some squirrel stew to work and shared with me. :D

Glad I don't work with you, You Ole Injun. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Well, hunting squirrels is probably more fun than eating them. Now that I think of it though, squirrel & partridge fricassee over fluffy mashed potatoes is pretty darn yummy!

One of the best hunts I ever had, including those in the White Mountains of the Appalachians and in the Rockies, was a squirrel hunt. As a kid I used to love sneaking into the oak groves after school with my .22. I would hunker down and wait for just the right moment when at least two of them were on the ground and try and pop them both. I'd only have one chance because they would become pretty scarce after shooting. One day just as I had two about ready to go I noticed a third out of the corner of my eye off to the other side by the river. It turned out to be a pheasant. I managed to bag it and two squirrels with that little bolt action in the span of seconds. Talk about a RUSH! Like I said, one of the best hunts I ever had.

Tree rats indeed. :rolleyes:

Well, hunting squirrels is probably more fun than eating them. Now that I think of it though, squirrel & partridge fricassee over fluffy mashed potatoes is pretty darn yummy!
I managed to bag it and two squirrels with that little bolt action in the span of seconds. Talk about a RUSH! Like I said, one of the best hunts I ever had.

Tree rats indeed. :rolleyes:

Yep???? Two Treearts.pup2 I bet they weighted 10# apiece, too???? HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Doing my wifely duties today around the house.unsure I have a newbie over for some one on one damascus making tomorrow, he is from the other forum and his name is Brad Voyles.weinerdog1

Well, I got out for a tad yesterday, popped two right through their front teeth, fox squirrels. I was doing good until I tried to cross a creek with algae on the underwater rocks. It was just like jumping on ice. I took a dump and banged up my rifle and knocked the scope off zero.

So, back to the truck and to the range down the road. At the range I discovered the scope was way off. Rifle shot about 3" low and about 6" to the left at 50 meters.

I got the rifle sighted in and was about to head back to the woods when the phone rang. Wife had dinner ready, so it sounded like a good time to hang it up.

After dinner and squirrels cleaned, it was nap time. No, no work done in the shop yesterday.

I got an order for two #$@^%&*%$ fillet knives with sheaths the guy wants done before XMas. I don't think I actually make a dime on fillet knives and try to turn them down. The same client owns one of my hunters, so I finally gave in. I'm working them in with some other work that has to be done by the same deadline.

George, you got the new guy corrupted yet? :D

George, you got the new guy corrupted yet? :D

Yep!!!! Brad was born and brought up in Texas and lives in Vegas. :D
He tried and bought a jar of my Ht'g Relish. I made a seafood dinner with steamers, littlenecks, scollops and shrimp. 2thumbs I also gave him a tour of the area, showed him the Revolutionary Fort Phoenix, the oldest working jail in New England, fishing fleet, Whaler's Mansions and etc..2thumbs

Back