A couple of long ones!

John M Cohea

I made these two pieces for my table last weekend in Little Rock,and boy did I have to do some talking about them,thet really drew a lot of interest from the crowd!Now for some details.Both are hafted in curly maple with a Tru Oil finish,and both have damascus blades.Both blades are around 6 inches long,and the hafts are 3 foot long.The warclub blade features forge laminated copper,and the fokos has been copper etched.Both the club and fokos have a stipped rawhide hand grip and textured copper bands as well.The warclub is my first,and has a lot going on with it,such as carving and stippling,a and a beaded dangle,that you can barely see peaking down at the bottom.It hangs from a mild steel twisted blaksmith's curl.The twisted curl at the top is a wrought iron nail,and it also features a "shoulder pad" that is leather covered in textured copper foil.There is also a textured copper cross on both sides of the club,as well as on the headcover.Thanks to Scott Roush for the fantastic photos!
Hope you enjoy the look at these,I sure had a blast making them!
Fokosweb.jpg

fokos_detailweb.jpg

fokos_sheathweb.jpg

warclubweb.jpg

warclubdetail_web.jpg

John,
WOW!!! Fantastic work and I mean fantastic!!! I have always thought, but now know for sure, you are sharing a past life with us. You definately are an inspiration and a very talented individual. Thanks for allowing us to see these two creations. Wade

Wow! Those are stunning. I am not sure what I like most about them but I will say that I really like the textured copper accents. Beautiful work, thank you for sharing those.

FANTASTIC !

Scott took some great photos too, multi-talented fella I guess

I'm loving the Fokos ! Excuse my ignorance John but is Fokos this piece's name or it style (long handled tomahawk ???)

I think you just upped then ante ! Gonna hafta be a 4 piece set now. Fokos, Tomahawk, bowie, friction folder.

Ooooooh... maybe damascus pipehawk fokos !!!!

Really enjoy seeing your work, Thanks for posting it !

-Josh

wow, thats too cool. was mike williams there with his gun stock club also? makes me wish i would have went.

Mike was at the show,and needless to say we were the only ones there with warclubs,and the difference between the two were like night and day,although the use and end resulting damage would have been the same!
Thanks for the compliments guys!

John , Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You truely are an artist !!! and MY INSPIRATION !!
I always looked up to your work . Beautiful.
Mike

Stunning! Very interesting work. You said you made them for your table...I'd like to have them on my coffee table.

Wow man, that is a sweet creation. You have mad skills, no lie. It's people like yourself that inspire newbies like me!!

Back